Valaparai is a unpolluted and unpopulated heavenly land, which is located 3500 feet above the sea level in the annamalai mountain range. one can drive around the mountain tea estates enjoying the pleasant climate and forget the once dense forest that have paved the way for tea bushes. 64-km drive from Pollachi to Valparai is itself an exotic experience!
Unlike ooty, munnar, and kodaikanal, Valparai exihibits the unique nature. Ecotourism is given more importance than regular form of tourism. Chinnakallar in valparai records maximum rainfall next to chirapungi. Valparai is the only hill station in the world which has 12 dams and hydro electric power stations. Good mode of transportation is by car or bike, the demerits of the bus travel is the crowded bus and slow journey!
Best thing about the ride is 40+ hairpin bends in pollachi to valparai road.
Activities to do:
- Wildlife and Nature Photography
- Visit the tea estates
- Walk along the nature
In the most beautiful hillstation with the wonderful climate, it’s obvious that people like me will crave for tea or coffee, choose the middle standard tea stalls which are hygenic and as well as tasty! And bonus we can take home tea packs directly from the tea estate.. yaaayyy!! There are also decent veg and non veg restaurants to have your lunch and dinner.
- Mobile networks available here are Airtel,Vodafone, Aircel, Tata Docomo, Rest simply don’t work…
- Carry the first aid kit in case of emergency.
- If by chance you happen to meet the wild buffaloes on the road, don’t keep on honking at them, This only irritates them and may lead to attacks!
- Try not to pollute the land with plastics and other non degradable wastes, this is one of the few nature spots available for the future generation.
- Ideal for nature lovers and friends get togethers.